Norman J. Quinn, III
Bespoke Team Partner
Specializing in real estate ﬁnances and taxes
B&D Equity Property Group
With more than 30 years of experience in real estate, ﬁnances, and taxes, Norman Quinn is highly skilled in creating and executing tax policies and strategies. He has worked with clients across the country to achieve proﬁtability, cost control, transparency, and reporting in operationally challenging environments. With a strong background in valuation and property tax matters, Norman understands the components of successful real estate ownership and operations. Before founding B&D Equity Property Tax Group, Norman spent seven years as vice president of property taxes for Equity Oﬃce Properties Trust in Chicago. He also was the founder and president of its subsidiary, Equity Property Tax Group LLC. Operating through its various subsidiaries and aﬃliates, Equity Oﬃce Properties Trust was the nation’s largest publicly held oﬃce building owner and manager with interests in 581 buildings in 16 states and the District of Columbia. Norman managed a staﬀ that saved clients as much as $44.5 million annually in tax savings. Prior to Equity Oﬃce Properties Trust, he spent 11 years with Equity Group Investments Inc. in Chicago, including director of mortgage services and as vice president of property taxes.
Norman has given presentations on tax matters to many groups and organizations, including the Institute for Professionals in Taxation, National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts, American Property Tax Counsel, Building Owners, and Management Association, and Chicago Civic Federation. His articles have been published in the Journal of Property Taxation, Institute for Professionals in Taxation and other real estate publications.
Service Offerings Include
- Designed, developed and implemented the methodology, processes and systems utilized to identify tax appeal opportunities having a high probability of success and which resulted in the filing of more than 5,500 appeals, the closure of more than 2,500 actions and the generation of more than $180 million in savings.
- Facilitated clients obtaining tax incremental financings (TIFs) and other jurisdictional incentives.
- Reduced assessed valuations on client properties in Santa Clara County (California) by $500 million and the associated tax liability by approximately $50 million/year by orchestrating a campaign that employed independent experts to develop a methodology for valuating REIT properties that has become the operational model for the industry.
- The Counselors of Real Estate (CRE), 2004
- Certified Member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation (CMI), 199
- International Association of Assessing Officers