Celebrating Our Four-Year Anniversary
Robert Bagguley, CEO and Founding Principal
May Day is usually celebrated on May 1 or the first Monday of May. It is an ancient festival of spring, a renewal in many European cultures. It was also adopted as International Workers’ Day. And, of significance to my colleagues and myself, May 1 marks the anniversary of the founding of Bespoke Real Estate Advisors.
For four years now, Bespoke has thrived, growing its partners, geographic coverage and clientele. Despite the challenges that we, like so many others in the past year, have faced as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have a significant number of accomplishments from spring 2020 through spring 2021. In just the past year, Bespoke has:
- Been retained as Owner’s Representative and Project Manager for St. Michael’s Health Group in Alberta as they develop their proposed new five-story assisted living facility.
- Represented Edmonton International Airport (EIA) in identification of an initial cold storage user for designated land at the airport.
- Secured a role representing the developer for the sale of an assisted living facility in Florida
- Provided investment analysis and development management for Discovery Bay Golf Club in Port Townsend, Washington to introduce a 48-home residential development.
- Completed multiple transactions in Silicon Valley.
- Advised a group of Chilean investors in three separate multi-family offering investment opportunities in the South Eastern United States.
- Provided real estate advisory for a San Francisco software company working to develop a product solution for the disrupted retail industry.
- Explored infrastructure support for game-changing projects in South Africa and Zimbabwe.
- Performed early due diligence for client acquisition of a significant chateau in South West France.
In a year as volatile and unpredictable as the one past, the number of successes we have had is a true testament to the problem-solving, collaboration and industry expertise of each and every Bespoke team member. As we continue to press on and evaluate how the past year will affect the real estate industry in the short and long term, Bespoke team members will be publishing a number of thought leadership pieces on various aspects of the market, including cold storage and supply chain, healthcare, retail and compliance, so stay tuned for some exciting analyses later this month.
In closing, I’d like to offer my sincerest gratitude to all of Bespoke’s team members. When Bespoke was formed four years ago, I knew this new model of customizable real estate solutions had a lot of potential, but it was also a risk starting such an innovative endeavor. Because of the expertise and dedication of our team members, that risk has paid off, and I’m truly honored to have watched the ways that your commitment and hard work has allowed us to grow from an idea to an international, industry-disrupting business.
I’d also like to say, to our clients, thank you for your confidence, and support. You have trusted us with such incredible projects and given us such incredible opportunities, and we don’t take that trust lightly. We are honored to partner with you in shaping your real estate solutions and, ultimately, your organizations’ futures.
And, finally, to our colleagues in the industry, and to those who have watched us over the past few years from a bit more of a distance, I want to invite you to connect with our team, to ask us questions, to really see if Bespoke could be a great partner, either in your own career or in advising an organization you may be part of. Bespoke was founded on the principle of collaboration and we continue to look for any opportunity to connect with, recruit, serve and learn from our peers.
Wishing you all good health, success and happiness in the year to come.