Mark oversees the myriad aspects and unique relationships of PIE Development’s services, while always looking to improve, expand and refine its proven processes and client experience. Over more than 30 years in the real estate business, he has developed a reputation for creatively making the virtually impossible possible, and turning the possible into reality.
Mark’s career spans real estate consulting, strategy, transaction and development services for clients of all sizes… from small businesses to large hospital systems, multinational corporations and international governments. His experience has been forged in multiple real estate cycles, and he has handled more than $1 billion in varied real estate transactions, working nationally and internationally. He has specialized in both fee and at-risk development of outpatient and retail projects, structuring sophisticated transactions that create new capital for hospitals, and helping healthcare providers expand and defend their markets to deliver better patient care, cost-effectively.
Mark has co-founded several successful companies, and served in senior leadership positions at national and international real estate firms, earning a variety of awards for excellence, during his career.
He attended Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts, and Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, majoring in English and Economics.
PIE DEVELOPMENT SERVICE INCLUDE
• Build-to-Suit Development
• Development for Pie Portfolio (Pie capital, lease structures)
• Adaptive Reuse
• Creative Partnership Structures
• Acute Care Services (Emergency and Critical Care)
REPRESENTATIVE CLIENT LIST
• American Express Travel Related Services
• Apollo MD
• Bank of New York
• The British Government
• Chicago Transit Authority
• Camping World
• Chase Bank
• Cutters, Inc.
• Freedom Roads, Inc.
• Healthcare Realty Trust
• Hospital Corporation of America
• Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT)
• Infinity Healthcare
• Investec Ernst & Company
• Jump Inc. and the M & J Foundation (businesses of former Chicago Bulls’ star Michael Jordan)
• Kleinwort Benson Ltd.
• LaGrange Memorial Hospital
• Lincoln Park Hospital
• McShane Companies
• Michael Reese Hospital
• A.C. Nielsen
• Northwestern Medicine Health System
• Oracle Corporation
• G. D.Searle & Co.
• The University of Chicago Medicine
• Louis A. Weiss Memorial Hospital
Founder and Chief Executive Officer